This is a special section I’m dedicating to some, what I think are, critical fitness tips to have handy when embarking on a health and fitness journey.
I’ll be updating this section frequently, check back every now and then and see the new ones.
Fitness tips for a successful fitness endeavor:
- Make sure you’re eating healthy, seriously it’s very important.
- Prep your meals ahead of time, it increases your chances of habit development.
- Eat more clean food, not less food in general.
- Control your portion sizes.
- Give up soda and juices with lots of sugar.
- Eat alkaline-promoting foods to balance the body’s pH levels.
- Reduce the amount of processed and packaged foods you consume.
- Take one day a week for active recovery.
- Weigh yourself often and keep your weight on the top of your mind.
- Never go more than two days in a row without exercise.
- Make sure to set goals for yourself, otherwise what’s the point?
- If you have a desk job, consider a standing workstation.
- It takes a deficit of 3,500 calories to lose one pound.
- Find music that motivates you.
- Get enough sleep.
- Add more greens to your daily intake.
- Don’t work your abs every day. 2 or 3 times a week is fine.
- Protect your neck. Touch the roof of your mouth with your tongue when doing crunches.
- The older you are the more you should hold your stretches. Under 40 years = 30 seconds. Over 40 years = 60 seconds.
- Keep your weight workouts to under an hour.
- Exercise in order: dumbbells, barbells, and machines. In this order.
- Strengthen your core. Don’t be afraid of situps!
- Buy shoes that fit!
- When doing lat pulldowns, don’t wrap your thumb around the bar.
- If you don’t like an exercise, then it is all the more important you do it!
That’s all for now, but be sure to check back as I’ll keep updating this section every chance I get.
I’ll touch upon things like proper form, nifty tricks to improve your muscle building goals, importance of safety, and which exercises you should do for which goals.